Dear LeatherHistory Friends,
2013 turned out to be a wonderful year for our foundation. Our web stats are growing and you, the community, generously donated funds and historical material which enable us to continue our work for another year. We look forward to make 2014 a true leather history year where we will continue to build out the foundation and strengthen and expand our cooperation with the European leather & fetish community. We will also continue to improve our website and take new efforts to make leather history resources more easily accessible.
It’s in this regard we are very glad to announce that we are launching the very first LeatherHistory.eu app for mobile devices through the Google Play store today. (Or point your mobile browser to our website to get a screen with a direct download link.) It’s totally FREE and FOR YOU, our visitors and supporters!
In our app, you will find your favourite website content including Community News & Announcements, our famous Mister Gallery, selected Library items and a brand new Fetish Link Directory. Sharing your pictures and videos from fetish events was never easier, now you’ll be able to upload them through your Android phone or tablet. And you will never miss important site updates such as breaking community news or a newly elected Mister thanks to the included push notification service.
Unfortunately, our app is not available to iPhone or iPad users as the cost for publication through Apple is too high for the foundation to carry at this moment. We hope to be able to offer you this service in the future.
And, not all Library features will be available on your mobile device. This might include some picture galleries and documents in formats not supported by mobile devices.
Our app uses these permissons:
* Storage – Allows us to save the app caching resources in order for the App to load faster.
* Network Communication – Enables the app to access the web.
* Your Account – This permission is needed to register your device ID with Google Cloud Messaging for the push notifications service to be enabled. The app will never attempt to place a phone call or use it in any other way.
* System tools – Enable us to add a shortcut to your home screen.
* Development tools – Enable us to add a shortcut to your notification center.
* Phone calls – This permission is needed to register your device ID with Google Cloud Messaging for the push notifications service to be enabled.
We will continue to improve and optimize our app throughout the year and your feedback is essential! So send us your thoughts through a comment on Google Play, through our Facebook page , via info[at] leatherhistory.eu or approach us when we are visiting an event in your city.
We look forward to hear from you!